Patient Financial Assistant performs daily cashiering and customer service duties at front reception area. Customer service duties include a good working knowledge of third party billing and reimbursement to assist clients in person or via telephone.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Reviews all admissions into hospital within 24-48 hours and makes contact with patient and/or family. Estimates hospital bill and collects deposit.
2. Screens uncompensated patients for financial assistance and makes appropriate referrals for third party eligibility and/or screens for charity. Makes the corresponding payer plan changes in SMS.
3. Processes charity applications and scans supporting documents into document imaging.
4 Works closely with the Admitting Department to collect any missing data, insurance information, or demographic information that was not obtained during admission.
5. Performs customer service duties with patient inquiries about their bills, by phone and in person.
6. Performs daily cashiering duties for payments received at front desk and setting up payroll deduction for employee account balances.