Responsible to the Clinical Services Coordinator and/or Department Leaders. Works in a self directed work team committed to a common purpose and goals. The Imaging Assistant works within the scope of individual education and competency. His/her functions include department specific duties to meet patient and/or departmental needs. Assist the Technologist with moving patients, sitting with patients that need attention and general patient care needs. The individual assists with scheduling patients for exams and for transport to and from the department. Responsible for stocking various supplies in exam rooms, storerooms and supply areas. Responsible for stocking clean linen in various areas as well as removing dirty linen and taking to laundry chute.
Live Our Promises
- To treasure all people all uniquely created
- To nurture, educate and guide with integrity
- To inspire each and every one of us to do our very best
Develops and Promotes Caring Relationships
- Caring for self
- Caring for each other
- Caring for patients and families
- Caring for communities
Exhibits professional conduct and appearance in adherence with all applicable policies.
- Welcome every person with a warm smile and eye contact, using their name when possible.
- Be fully present during all interactions.
- Use caring communication: "Is there anything else I can do for you? I have the time."
- Express gratitude and appreciation to others and openly praise them for their achievements.
- Take people where they are going, rather than point or give directions.
· People At The Heart Of All We Do
- Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork and collaboration.
- Ensures patients and families have the best possible experiences across the continuum of care.
- Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team members, and our community in a manner that treasures all people as uniquely created.
· Safety And Performance Improvement
- Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor, and team safety.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work.
- Participates actively in process improvement and adoption of standard work.
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including people, finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and procedures.
· Standard Work Duties: Imaging Assistant
- Assists the technologist with imaging procedures. Helps move patients on and off of tables and assists with patients as needed. Transport patients to and from room locations as directed by technologists and flow coordinators.
- Assists in setting up sterile trays for imaging procedures. Assist in stocking rooms with supplies and linen.
- Organizes job functions and work assignments to be able to effectively complete assignments within established time frames.
- Ensures that all electronic documentation is complete. Under the direction of qualified staff, assures that orders are correct, and if necessary, lab values are available.
- Ensures correct orders and accession numbers are linked to images so that documentation forwarded to the radiologists is accurate and complete for interpretation.
- Follows LRH safety standards. Uses Safety restraints on all patients and lowers the stretcher after transporting each patient.
- Maintains patient comfort, confidentiality and privacy, adheres to HIPPA standards, universal precautions, and handwashing standards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Competencies Skills Essential:
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Computer Skills
· Prior knowledge of an EHR, RIS and PACS systems
· High School or Equivalent
Certifications, Licensure & Experience :
· Prior healthcare experience as a Medical Assistant or Patient Transporter