PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager of Payroll - Accounting Services for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 167694
JOB SUMMARY The Manager, Payroll is responsible for the operations of the Payroll office and Payroll staff, and for ensuring that payroll is processed according to federal and state regulations as well as established PeaceHealth policies and procedures. This position will be responsible for the supervision of assigned staff. The Payroll manager will be responsible for system testing and implementation of payroll systems for merger and acquitions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS 1. Manages and directs the operations of the PH Payroll and Payroll staff that are responsible for the timely payment of caregiver wages and benefits in accordance with PH policies and various governmental regulations. Monitors the timeliness and efficiency of payroll, to ensure that payroll services meet the needs of PH caregivers in accordance with established department standards, practices and procedures.
2. Responsible for the supervision of assigned staff. Duties include hire, train, mentor, corrective actions, maintenance of work schedules, authorizing time off requests, and performance evaluations. Responsible for analyzing resource requirements of the department, and developing recommendations for staffing levels with supporting justification documentation. Responsible for assisting with the accounting department budget, tracking expenditures, purchase of office supplies, etc. with budget authority as delegated for assigned areas.
3. Communicates regularly with various departments to resolve payroll issues of concern, and to serve as a resource for information concerning payroll services. Interprets, communicates and advises department leaders on proper payroll and related personnel pay policies and procedures as needed.
4. Coordinates special projects such as research and implementation of new payroll or processing systems as directed by senior management. Attends and participates in various committees and departmental meetings as required. Responsible for participating and leading change efforts and implementations of Lawson/Kronos for payroll for new entities that PeaceHealth acquires. Ensures the payroll system is updated in accordance with state, local and federal tax law changes as necessary
5. Maintains and provides acceptable records and support documents for all internal and external auditors. Instrumental in process improvement for Payroll to ensure standard work and increase efficiency through process improvement and automation.
6. Stays abreast of federal and state regulatory changes, i.e. tax and labor laws pertaining to pay practices. Educates various department supervisors in the preparation of time records and the relevant federal and state pay requirements, as needed.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field, equivalent education/experience may substitute for degree.
Minimum of five years experience in Payroll.
Previous supervisory experience is required.
Previous experience consulting on Payroll or Accounting.
Experience with Lawson software and Kronos highly desired
APA certification preferred.
OTHER SKILLS :
Strong knowledge of payroll regulations and processes.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Healthcare payroll experience is desired.
System implementation and project management skills desired
Ability to work long hours during critical times.
Attention to detail.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
Exceptional customer relationship and communication skills
Strong working knowledge of standard computer software, such as Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Shared Services Center (802) Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Accounting & Finance || Full Time || FINANCE SVCS
Internal Number: 167694
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.